EHS Lille 2021
14th EHS International Congress
postponed to 10-11 September 2021
SEE YOU IN LILLE ON NEXT September 2021 !
GOOD MORNING, LILLE 2021 !
Many of us remember that wonderful 1987 film "Good morning, Vietnam" ... We are not Robin Williams, of course, but we too would like this address to give a breath of lightness in this preparation for the EHS congress of Lille, which continues well, despite in very difficult conditions! ... Pandemic, new viruses, climate crisis, organization ... Concerns have accumulated on the road!
So, here is some good news from the 14th EHS congress in Lille ...
- We're all fed up with these full replay scientific meetings ! ... Here with this 14th EHS congress, is finally (even partially) a face to-face meeting at the beginning of September, where we will find the joy of face-to-face expert debates, the happiness of a coffee at the counter with friends, the richness of chats between sessions ... in short, this conviviality within our Orthopaedic Community, which we have missed so much during all these long months of lockdown...
- The scientific program is really very rich and addresses all the poles of interest of prosthetic surgery: all those interested in the hip will find their happiness there, according to the classic formula "the basic, the current, the future with all the new trends!... Our EHS has become the benchmark for hip knowledge in Europe and beyond, and the best specialists will be there to share their knowledge and experience!
- Our partnership with Hip Toulouse is a fantastic chance to meet in a common meeting the usual participants who never miss this congress already renowned far beyond our borders ... In addition, this wink to Canada as an invited nation timely reminds us of the interest our overseas colleagues have in our European practices.
- We have planned the hybridization of our EHS Congress to allow all those who will not be able to make the trip, to participate anyway in a "virtual" way. This requires new and complex management of these means of communication, but thus the audience will be widely extended and available in replay. Contrary to our fears of a congress without much participation onsite, to our happy surprise, nearly 70% of our speakers will make the trip to Lille!
- The sanitary situation should be much more favourable in September, because as of now nearly 60% of the French population is already vaccinated, and this rate is at 70% for the adult population of the European Union. Moreover, the European sanitary pass should greatly facilitate travel... As a sign from the sky, the weather forecast promises us the second week of September under the sun in Lille !!!...
- Last but not least, during the gala dinner we will experience the enchantment of attending a miniconcert by the famous soprano Heather Newhouse in the magical setting of the Hermitage Gantois ...
In less than one month now, "good morning Lille 2021" !!!
“Bringing Orthopaedic Hip Surgeons Together”… More than ever!
Jean-Alain Epinette, M.D. - EHS President